900 Top. Golden Medal
Great extra virgin olive oil awarded with the Gold Medal in the International Contest of New York with the highest score of a Spanish oil. It has also been awarded as SUPERIOR FLAVOR by the International Taste and Quality Institute of Brussels.
It is a coupage of picual, picudo and hojiblanca varieties with a different sweetness because of the height of olive groves. Subtle flavor with touches of grass and tomato....
The Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The best extra virgin olive oil of superior quality obtained only from the fruit of the olive tree and by mechanical procedures that do not produce any alteration in the oil. The painstaking crop of the olives trees gives to 900 TOP unique organoleptic characteristics. Therefore, we pay special attention to the product from the harvesting and selection of the fruit to the preparation and conservation of the oil.
These conditions provide a flavor and aroma that reminiscent freshly cut grass and tomatoes. In addition, the weather conditions, the altitude of the olive groves in the area and the selected olive varieties, have made the oil recognized by several international awards.
- Gold medal at the International Olive Oil Contest held in New York in 2013. The fourth highest score of the contest with a score of 9.5 points, and the highest rating awarded to a Spanish oil.
- SUPERIOR TEST AWARD in the prestigious ITQI contest held in Brussels in 2014. It was scored with 89 points, the highest of a Spanish olive oil. «ITQi Superior Taste Award» is the only hallmark of quality in the flavor awarded by opinion leaders, Chefs and Sommeliers with Michelin stars.
- GREAT TASTE AWARD 2014 at the prestigious contest held in London.
- Gold medal at the International Olive Oil Contest held in New York in 2015.
The best extra virgin olive oil is a coupage of picual, picudo and hojiblanca varieties. It is cultivated at 900 hundred altittude meters and its varieties are mixed in perfect proportions. The different benefits of each one bring to the oil their unique organoleptic characteristics.
Keep in a cool and dry place. Preserve from light and excess heat. The ideal packaging must be opaque to protect it from photo-oxidation. If it is purchased in a transparent packaging, it is advisable to store it in a kitchen cabinet or storage room. In that way it will keep all his properties for many months.
The best extra virgin olive oil has a series of highly beneficial components for health such as monounsaturated fats, oleic acid, flavonoids, polyphenols, antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory nutrients. There are multiple studies published studies that support this evidence. In summary, we are going to list some of them:
- It helps to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
- It prevents premature aging and helps hydrating the skin.
- It can help you lose weight due to the feeling of fullness that it produces.
- The anti-inflammatory components can help reducing muscles and joints pain.
- In a study published by the scientific journal Diabetes Care it was revealed that any Mediterranean diet that has olive oil is capable of reducing cases of type II diabetes by up to 50%. This is because olive oil contains healthy fats that could help regulating blood sugar levels and insulin production.
Culinary uses and pairing:
The widely recognized health benefits of extra virgin olive oil make it ideal as an accompaniment and dressing of any dish, whether sophisticated or simple. In raw accompanying salads of vegetables or pastas, breakfasts, soups and cold gazpachos. In hot it grows and due to its high density it does not penetrate food as much as other fats. Its high content of oleic acid and natural antioxidants make it more stable and resistant to high temperatures. It is ideal for cooking meats, fish, vegetables, pasta and in general any food.
Check our blog for more information about the benefits of consuming extra virgin olive oil.